Certificate in Advanced Accounting
The Certificate in Advanced Accounting at the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business is an 18-credit program that can be completed by most students in just one summer.
Babson’s Certificate in Advanced Accounting provides a unique option for those who are looking to fulfill the 150-credit-hour education requirement for the Massachusetts CPA exam. This certificate is designed to give you the depth of knowledge you need to pursue the CPA exam and gain writing, presentation, and entrepreneurial skills that employers are seeking.
Students in the program must have an undergraduate accounting or business degree or equivalent. Prerequisite accounting courses include, Intermediate Accounting I, Intermediate Accounting II, and U.S. Tax Accounting.
Students will take a full-time, 18-credit accounting curriculum. The curriculum features a deliberate blend of advanced accounting and integrated business disciplines.
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis (3 credits)
- Strategic Business Tax Planning (3 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in a Service Industry (3 credits)
- Professionals Ethics, Responsibility & Liability for CPAs (1.5 credits)
- Accounting Information Systems (1.5 credits)
- International Accounting (1.5 credits)
- Government and Not-for-Profit Accounting (1.5 credits)
- Strategic Writing for Managers (1.5 credits)
- Persuasive Business Presentations (1.5 credits)
Learn more about the curriculum, and view course descriptions (pdf) »