Managing Talent: Your Own and Others
“Coming from a nonprofit startup, there was never time for professional development plans or career coaching. The MTYOO course gave me the structure I needed to reflect on my career and decide where I wanted to move forward. Being able to articulate my leadership style, strengths, development opportunities, and career motivations made all the difference in my interviews.”
– Susan Roberts MBA’13
Effectively deploy your own talent. Identify and help to develop talent in others.
Managing Talent: Your Own and Others (MTYOO) is a Signature Learning Experience in the MBA program that provides an opportunity to learn about talent management through self-applied concepts and the creation of a personal development plan. MTYOO is part of the core curriculum delivered in all four programs—One-Year, Two-Year, Evening, and Blended Learning.
Program Structure and Process
Experiential Learning Components
- The Babson 360° feedback from recent or current work relationships
- Test drive your development thinking with Learning Development Partners
- Coursework Learning: conceptual frameworks on talent management, professional development, feedback, and assessment
- Case discussions and readings
- Self-assessment and personal reflection to understand your talent profile
Foundational Working Plan
- Create development plan to build upon during career progresses