International Education Week
November 7-11, 2016
International Education Week (IEW) is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This annual initiative promotes international understanding and builds support for international education and exchange. IEW encourages programs that prepare citizens to live and work in a global environment. This joint initiative of the U.S. Departments of State and Education is celebrated in more than 100 countries worldwide. This is Babson's 12th year celebrating International Education Week.
Fall 2016 Education Abroad Photo Contest
In celebration of International Education Week (November 7-11, 2016), the Glavin Office of Multicultural & International Education is sponsoring a campus-wide Education Abroad Photo Contest. The deadline for the photo contest is Monday, October 31.
If you have recently returned from an educational experience overseas or
at Babson as an exchange/international student, the Education Abroad Photo Contest is a great way to share your experience and contribute to the global understanding of the greater Babson community. All faculty, staff and students are encouraged to enter up to two photos to be considered for judging. Share your story with a photo!
Review the categories:
• Local Flavor - local people, places, and/or culture
• Babson Abroad - photos of Babson students, preferably wearing Babson gear
• Photojournalist - tell a story with a photo and a blurb
• Epic Selfie – share your epic selfie
• Exchange/International Perspective - photos from exchange/international students who are spending their semester or academic experience abroad at Babson
Send a maximum of 2 original photos to Brett M. Chin
by October 31, 2016 that exemplifies one of the stated categories. Photos that are digitally altered, other than cropping, filters or changing the contrast, will not be accepted. Please submit your photos as a JPEG e-mail attachment, in standard photo dimensions. Use "Education Abroad Photo Contest" as your e-mail subject line.
Include the following information with each picture that you submit in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• The title of your work - give the photo a title that describes it best.
• The city and country in which the photo was taken.
• The name of your Education Abroad Program and/or the University you attended.
• Please include a short paragraph that describes why this photo has significance for you, your experience abroad, or the location/ people/ culture it depicts. Share your story!
• Category for which you would like your photo entered.
Judging and Voting
A panel of judges will select photos from each category to be entered as finalists in the contest. In addition, the Babson Community has the opportunity to select one photo, which will receive the Viewer's Choice Award. All photos will be on display in Reynolds. All members of the Babson community can participate in voting for their favorite photo from the selected photos in each category. The winning photo from each category will be announced on November 14, 2016.
Prizes for Category Winners
The winning photos of all categories, including the Viewer's Choice, will be framed and hung in the Global Lounge for the academic year. The winning photographers will receive your photo on canvas!
Please note: By submitting your photos to the contest you are giving the Glavin Office and Babson College tacit permission to display and us the photos in future marketing. Photos should be taken in a location while engaging in educational endeavors (Semester/Academic year abroad, Electives Abroad, International Consulting Experience, outings with EAPA's, etc.) Do not submit photos of you or Babson affiliates engaging in dangerous or otherwise compromising activities or attire. No skydiving or bungee jumping photos please. International students, faculty, and staff can submit photos taken in the U.S. You do not have to appear in the photo.