BioPharma: Mastering the Business of Science
February 13–17, 2017
Program Cost: $5,700
As a science or business professional in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries, your unique and valuable skills are in high demand. Supplement your knowledge with insights into key industry drivers to significantly bolster the strategic aspects of your career.
By focusing on the business skills needed to effectively work and lead, BioPharma: Mastering the Business of Science gives you the necessary tools to succeed now and in the future in a highly collaborative and interactive setting. You will learn how to:
- Take a broader, more strategic role in your organization
- Address challenges with enhanced managerial effectiveness and greater industry-specific knowledge and skills
- Anticipate future trends and assess their impact on your company and your career
- Balance managing and leading in an organization of specialists
Email Dayle Lipsky or call 781-239-3915
What You Will Learn
BioPharma: Mastering the Business of Science strengthens your understanding of strategy, finance, marketing, and leadership, allowing you to make better decisions by integrating various functional perspectives.
Specific topics include:
- Competing in a changing biopharma landscape
- Essence of products and marketing
- Commercializing innovation
- Financial implications of strategic decisions
- Evaluating resource allocation decisions
Who Should Enroll
This program is designed for mid- and senior-level scientists and biopharma business professionals, including scientists, physicians, lawyers, engineers, and other technical and business specialists.
Your Faculty Director
The program is led by
Gaurab Bhardwaj, Babson associate professor and the Louis J. Lavigne Jr. Family Endowed Term Chair in Strategy and Planning. Bhardwaj’s experience in science-based businesses, including biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, has led him to work with executives, scientists, and physicians from businesses including the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Merck.
Cost includes program materials, accommodations, and meals at the award-winning
Babson Executive Conference Center from 4 p.m. on the first day of the program to noon on the last day. All participants receive a certificate of completion.
Each session has a limited number of participants to preserve the intimacy and collegiality of the experience. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis..
For more information, including available discounts,
read our FAQ »